Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1.9 Fails To Load On HTC Vive
12-09-2016, 05:39 PM
1.9 Fails To Load On HTC Vive
We had a good experience with this demo on the DK2 and I wanted to show it off to our customers on the HTC vive with leap motion.

Upon launching the demo I do see the initial load screen that shows the chair and says to hold the trigger. After holding the trigger I also see the eye screen where you pick your demo mode (normal, Loop, player select, etc). When I hit enter or controller button to start the demo it flashes black in the HTC then goes back to the Steam Launcher area. On the LCD I see a black window with "wait 1 second" towards the the middle/bottom of the screen flashing to "tick" every second or so then back to "wait 1 second". Then at the bottom of the screen there is a little box like the wait "1 second box" that says "Check for Exit Key"

After some tinkering I found that if I set the demo to V-sync mode it seems to work fine, but I was hoping there was a command switch I could use to default to v-sync on because customers will be clicking on shortcuts to launch this demo and won't know how to alt-f4 when it locks or to select v-sync every time.

Some unique things you probably want to know that might be causing the issue. I do have camera on with chaperone mode. One of my HTC controllers is broke so I'm just using once at the moment (hence the setting up of leap motion demo's). I also have the Vive Pre.

My system is I5-4590, 8GB, Nvidia 1060 3GB (driver 376.09), Windows 10 home 64, with all the newest steam/htc updates. If there's anything else you need to know just ask.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2017, 09:23 PM
RE: 1.9 Fails To Load On HTC Vive
I'm using the latest Oculus Rift software with my DK2, but SightLine 1.9 starts and gives a black screen right after the circular menu where I select the type of gameplay I want. I've tried different quality settings, mirror off, no body, but it's the same every time. The log shows Unity errors:

[...content cut...all seems to look fine...]

Turning light off

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Done

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'ScreenCameraObserver') is missing!

(Filename: Line: 1655)

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'VRDisplayTracked') is missing!

(Filename: Line: 1655)

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Invisible' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
UnloadTime: 0.441830 ms
3Dception: No audio listener in scene.

[....content cut...]

Creating volume controller...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TBE.Components.TBE_Initialise.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TBE.Components.TBE_Initialise.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

[...content cut, this repeats....]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply